The device that transform heat energy to mechanical is known as engine. Engines are `basically the main organ of automobile. Any automated device is run to and from the engine. There are two types of engine classified: External and Internal Combustion. Fuel burning in engine externally is called External combustion, which converts water to steam. That steam have a very high pressure which helps in revolving of turbine. The fuel used in this combustion can be all solid, liquid and gas. The engines are used to generate electric power. Whilst, in internal engine in which the process of fuel burning is used inside the engine, only gases are used to make petrol and diesel which is very high volatile. Electric power can also made by internal combustion. External combustion engine starting “torque” is generally high but internal combustion is considered more effective. Comparatively external combustion is more flexible. Internal combustion engines are small in size and cheap compare to external combustion engine. Spare parts of Engine and Specifications
As the need of engines has increased tremendously there are many companies in different countries all over the world that are manufacturing different types of engines with multiple function. Engine s are made by different spare parts that are also manufactured in a large scale worldwide. “Doosan Marine Industry Co., Ltd.” is a Korean company starting from 1980 till now. It is one of the largest global company which manufactures marine engines. Following are the names of parts that are developed by this company. Cylinder Liner - it helps to maintain chambers pressure. It prevents leakage of pressure while combustion cycle is scavenging, compressing, expanding and exhausting. Piston Crown- it helps the move piston up and down inside the cylinder liner and combustion and explosion is absorb in the chamber. Exhaust Valve Spindle- It is opening and closing, and moving up and down in chamber to let exhaust escape. Exhaust Valve Housing- It is used to guide Exhaust Valve Spindle. Pump Barrel Plunger – Is attach to “Fuel Pump Housing” and helps the motion of pressure. Piston Ring- It seals the gas that is exhausted during power stroke and helps to lubricate by generating an oil in cylinder liner. Puncture Valve – When the system stops working puncture valve avoid the fuel to leave by leaving pressurized air in a chamber. Main Bearing- During combustion main bearing help the generated force by journal. Another company Shanghai Diesel Engine Family Co., Ltd is also a leading supplier of diesel engine in china. It is a brand in its self which includes “Cummins, Deutz, Isuzu, Iveco, Nissan, Mitsubishi, MAN, Volvo, MWM, MTU, Perkins, CAT, Daihatsu, Yanmar, Pielstick, Wartsila, Bosch, and EMD”. They claim to supply the genuine spare parts with the best quality. They have high safety standards and there products are widely used in “Automotive, Marine, Construction, Generator, Agricultural, Mining”. Some of their devices shown in figures below. Specifications of Car Engine:
Specifications of Locomotive Engine
- A 4-cylinder engine have four compartments, a 3-cylinder, and so on. The cylinder stocks a piston which generates compression helped to ignite fuel.
- 1259cc- Engine Cylinder volume is measured in liters or cubic centimeters. Now 1259cc has together 1259 cubic centimeter volume.
- 5-speed and 6-speed transmission- the transmission speed has gears accordingly. A 5 speed transmission and 6 speed transmission have gears respectively. The gears are classified as manual and automatic. In automatic gears are changed automatically according to speed and only acceleration and brakes are managed manually. Whilst in manual gear system gear, break, clutch and accelerator are controlled manually.
- Torque- In case of bike or a car the rotation of wheel is controlled by the force called torque. For e.g. torque is measured in Newton Meter, for e.g. 200Nm. If set up well fewer gear changes will use high torque with vehicles.
Specifications of Marine power Engine
- GE transportation built AC6000CW which is a diesel electric train engine. AC6000CW and EMD SD90MAC are the most powerful locomotive diesel engine.
- Locomotive engine with the Novocherkassk, 17,838 horsepower 4E5K.
- Then there is IORE, an iron ore locomotive engine build for a mining company in Swedish. Mine rocks weighed hundreds of tons are hauled with these of these locomotives engine.
- HXD2s, an engine build for hauling around 7000 tons of coals.
- VL85 with around 1200 horsepower.
- Ae 8/14
- DB Class 103s
Information on pricing, inventory, delivery, customization
- Par Pac- having an electronic distributor, ignition wires, fuel pump, spark plugs, coil, fuel, line and carburetor.
- En Pac- Delco electronic ignition, heavy duty 55 Amp alternator, compact high torque starter, bottom mounted relay assisted, superior quality corrosion resistant urethane paint, weather cover, engine mounts, center-rise manifold, carburetor and flame arrestor.
- Sport Pac- DELCO Electronic Ignition, Heavy Duty 55 Amp Alternator, Engine Mounts, Plastisol Oil Pan, Superior quality corrosion resistant urethane paint, High capacity seawater pump package, Weather Cover, High Torque Starter - Top Mounted - Relay Assisted, Engine Oil Cooler, Dual Remote Oil System, Center Rise Manifolds, Holley or Quadrajet Carburetor, Dual Alternator Belts, Flame Arrestor, 50 Amp Circuit Breaker, Engine Wiring Harness, Fuel / Water separator, Bi-directional Dipstick & Tube w/oil drain fitting (V-8), Drain Fitting, Brass Fittings
There are many sites and companies that hold a large scale of different engines and its parts. An inventory is maintained called inventory management of engines. AJW Group is one the leading company that supply and repair engines and its spare parts. The company have the solutions which allow to make inventories and items accordingly. They also display the contents and help to interact more. They import and export globally. Prices of the engines vary country to country. Following is the price book from 2013 of marine engines.